1. In just one week, it's already gotten easier. During the first few days, I felt as if I went into withdrawal from sugar, which left me feeling tired, cranky and annoyed that I couldn't eat my nightly bar of chocolate or steal some chips from the pantry. But I pushed through, and it seems the overwhelming desire for bad foods has subsided a bit—finally. It's awesome.
2. I am more in-tune with my body. This brings up both good feelings and a bad feelings. On one hand, I notice every ache and pain, and every muscle that tightens. Laughing is a challenge after a day of crunches. Stairs are like an obstacle course after a night of lunges. But on the other hand, while I was in my hot yoga class this morning, I could feel my lungs expand to their fullest capacity, and I had a moment of total body consciousness that magnified the strength I posses. It was a fantastic feeling.
3. Energy is flowing. I feel more awake, more creative and more, well, just more. I have energy to take on activities I would roll my eyes about a mere seven days ago, and I can now wake up at 5 a.m. without excessive whining. In just a week of eating healthy, it's a very noticeable change.
4. I am smiling more. I am quite a happy person anyways, but I had noticed a drop in my joy and excitement for my day-to-day activities over the past month (I blame the wedding stress). Health and fitness has given me the extra oomph and boost I needed. I feel more positive, which in turn is making others act more positively to me. What a spectacular power that gives me to take on all of life's challenges!
5. My body is beginning to change. No, I have not stepped on the scale yet. I'll do that this Sunday and see if there has been any movement on my number—but even if there isn't, I hope I'll be happy. Why? Because my body is already tighter and leaner looking. Not by a ton—there are no overnight miracles to report about, but my clothes are fitting a little better. Hey, every little bit counts and I am excited to see any change at all!
I hope that all of you who are beginning a health journey or taking your health commitment to the next level are feeling these changes as well. When you notice them, take a "yay me" break and relish each mini-achievement! What have you noticed today?
No comments:
Post a Comment