The beginning of my journey:
As Tova stated in yesterday’s blog, I have decided it’s time to get serious about my weight-loss goals. So, last night, I reluctantly got out one of my favorite bathing suits (a blue bikini I had bought six years ago) and tried it on. Needless to say, the results were less than great.
I’m not a fan of taking pictures of myself in any kind of revealing way and it was extremely difficult to press the 10- sec. self timer on my camera and stand vulnerably in front of the lens to snap a few shots. I didn’t even suck in my gut like I normally would, or stand in any kind of flattering position. It was just me—all of me. I knew my weight had gotten out of hand, but viewing the pictures enforced that like a hard slap in the face.
I could come up with all the excuses I wanted: It’s the end of the day so my body is heavier; I just ate a lot of soup, so my stomach is bloated; the lighting in this room is really awful; etc. But the truth is simple—I’m not where I want to be. I’m not as active as I once was and I’ve loosened my strict eating habits to include all of those yummy carbs and fats I often crave. And even though I really did not want to take these pictures of myself, I knew it was a vital step in accepting where I am now and what actions need to be taken for me to slim down and get comfortable in my own skin as well as that little blue bikini.
So here we are: Day 1 and I couldn’t be more excited. With perfect weather and warmer temperatures coming, I am motivated and ready to take actions into my own hands. Let the 60 days begin!
Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment